• Sick leave plan - 1 day per month
• Personal leave - 3 days per year
• Direct deposit
• Life insurance with accidental death benefits
• Tuition assistance for recertification coursework
• Group hospitalization benefits
• Liability insurance protection
• Virginia State Retirement Plan
Competitive Salary Schedule:
• Supplementary pay for a Master’s Degree and Doctorate
• Competitive Beginning Salary
• Credit for recognized teaching experience
• Participation in curriculum development
• Professional leave
• In-service training/staff development
• College and University courses available at nearby campuses and extension centers: College of William & Mary, Christopher Newport University, Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, George Washington University, and Hampton University
There is an ongoing search to fill any vacancies that occur with talented persons who can contribute fresh ideas and add to the positive ideals and high staff morale in our schools.
Qualification in Teaching Experience & Expertise:
• In working effectively with children
• In providing subject matter and an aptitude for successful teaching
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
• A Virginia Teaching License
The Middlesex County Public School is an equal employment opportunity employer as required by federal and state orders and laws.
All candidates must be eligible for a Virginia Teaching License with appropriate endorsements. All candidates must be Highly Qualified. Applicants must hold or be eligible for a Virginia Teaching License with proper endorsements.